Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Slowly, but surely

I am getting my groove back!
I cannot say how excited I am about this!
However, the things that I enjoy doing now are totally different than before.
No more late nights at bars/ clubs. No more drunken nights. No more hang overs at work the next day. This time around, I am much more mellow, much more relaxed and content- I believe that's the word that my friend James used to describe me. Blase even, he says.
I think when something traumatic happens to someone, it forces them to look at the world and their life differently. Such is the case with me. The girl of yesterday, is now a different woman today, folks. I feel that much more grown up. And not in a bad way at all. I'm actually enjoying this aspect of myself. Not to say that I'm no longer funny or know how to have fun- cause I still am those things. Except now I see things a bit differently.

Anyhow, with that said, this weekend, I will be fondue-ing and watching Mama Mia at the Thousand Oaks Civic Center with The Friend Who Got Away (except now she's back). Then on Sunday, I will be very domestic by cooking at home. That's my newfound joy- cooking. Go on, laugh about it.

Here's The Friend That Got Away and I at this past Saturday's Revlon Breast Cancer Walk.


and here's us with the girls we walked with- totally sucks being the shortest one!


Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

No comments: