Monday, August 4, 2008

FIREPROOF- NEVER LEAVE YOUR PARTNER BEHIND

I am a Firefighter's wife.
I have been for 4 1/2 years now.
This is something that he has always wanted to do, and it's a journey we embarked on together. 6 1/2 years later, here we are. He is out on fires, while I'm at home.
It's a tough job, and I often wonder if I'm strong enough for it. It's not for the faint of heart. There's a lot of independence involved, and it definitely takes 2 strong people to make the marriage work. Devotion and passion are also keys.
There was a time when I thought we wouldn't make it. Thank goodness for perseverance, because we fought for it, and here we are today- in love and incredibly happy (even though he's away a lot). I've often thought about why I did not marry someone who had a regular 9- 5, or even why he couldn't have a regular 9-5.
Then I realize that that life would never have made either of us happy. This was his passion, and I signed up for it. I am here to support him- in any way I can.

Anyway, here's a movie that documents all the hardships that go on in a first responder's marriage. Marriage is tough enough on its own. However, when you're partner is committed to the community first, it becomes a lot tougher. Yes, they are heroes,however they are husbands (and wives) as well.

Watch the trailer to Fireproof... it doesn't hurt that my talent is on the trailer.



Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

No comments: