Sunday, October 12, 2008

Birthday Adventures of Super Panda

Saturday, October 12th started out like most Saturdays- weights and spinning at the gym, followed by a few errands.
However, there was also a magnificent plan for the afternoon- Debbie was hosting a birthday party for me! What ensued was a fun filled ladies' event (that is, until Milo stopped by). Thank you Debbie for throwing such a lovely bash! To my gals- y'all know I've got nothing but love for you. You all enrich my life in so many ways. I am forever grateful that I have you all in my life.

Here are a few pics from Saturday... the afternoon plans included a game of croquet.
Andrea, Erika, Nicole, Megan

Andrea, Emila, and Andrea waiting for their turn

Debbie was in last place!

Megs!

Nik and Erika

My turn!

These girls were in it to win it!

Nik won- by default. The default being that we all quit.

After a friendly game of croquet, it was time for dinner. Debbie prepared drunken shrimp (with 3 different dipping sauces), jasmine rice (lemon and basil flavored), along with cous cous, a cucumber salad, all topped off with a lovely toast, Dom Perignon style. Before the hubby arrived to join in on the festivities, I gave the gals my thank you gift- for making all my days brighter, and my life happier. I gave them personalized notes, with framed pictures, and a take home truffle treat.
Then it was my turn to open gifts! My gals totally know the way to my heart... Andrea got me a lovely bracelet- engraved with my name, and the word COURAGE. Totally fitting for this year!
Here I am opening Emila's gift...

Oh no, she didn't!

Totally loving the Sprinkles Cupcakes Red Velvet mix. I cannot wait to make it- perhaps on my new cakelet pan?

Here I am making out with one of Nik's gifts- who totally surprised me with all the beautiful and wonderful things she gave.

After the gifts, it was time for some cake.

Make a wish!

Yummy red velvet!

To cap off the night, group pictures!
Megan, Erika, Emila, Nicole, Andrea and Debbie

Meg, Nik, and me!

Meg, Nik, Emila and me

Me with the love of my life...


All this, and my birthday isn't even until Tuesday, the 14th!
Thanks to everyone who has helped me celebrate my birthday!

Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waaah ... sad can't celebrate with you!!;'c