Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What a windy, blustery day!!

Due to the Santa Ana winds, we have been up here at my in-laws/ office since yesterday morning. The Sesnon fire (which started in Porter Rance) is very close to us, and the canyons right next to us have been evacuated. Actually, so were we yesterday, but we didn't leave. WE've had firetrucks lined up on the street, and even one on the driveway.
The hubby came home last night, picked up the dogs, and was able to come in because he had a fire ID, and his Bear Divide uniform. We spent the night at my in- laws' house. This morning, we woke up extremely early (after just sleeping a few hours), to see the hubby off to work... he's back on the Marek Fire. We have been feeding the firemen parked outside non- stop. I hope this all ends soon.
It's barely 11 AM and I am exhausted! I hope the hubby and all the other men and women out there are safe. Please say a prayer for them.

Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

No comments: