Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sweet Release

Yes, the title sounds a bit gross, I know. I swear it is relevant to what I have to say though.

Anyhow, I have been having a hard time lately trying to just let things go and flow.
For a while, it seemed as if things were just constantly spiraling out of my control, and being the control freak that I am, I hated it. And still hate it. And things still are not within my control. Like escrow and closing on our house.
Yes, for the 5 millionth time, our escrow date has changed. So no moving this weekend. Maybe next Friday. Hopefully soon.
And this is what I'm wrestling with. Coupled with the fact that my dad's 1 year death anniversary is coming up. On the 31st.

2 giant things. 2 things that I am completely helpless about.
The house- because I cannot make the process go any faster. My dad- because I cannot change the outcome; he passed away last year, and this year, on the 31st, he would still be expired.

So, hence, as the post title suggests, I am waiting for a SWEET RELEASE.
A way to just let things be. To come to terms, if you will, with what is, rather than focusing on what isn't. And that is my prayer for today.

"Lord, grant me the serrenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference."

I know that things are unfolding exactly the way they should be.
And that things are happening for a reason.
I just have to trust.

Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

No comments: