Friday, June 5, 2009

Making the Leap!

So, today, I went on an interview.
It was extremely promising. I had gone in thinking I was being interviewed for a Junior High Teacher position, but it seems that the principal already has someone in mind for that. Someone he met prior to meeting me.
So the outlook on that position seems to not be so good.
However, he did seem extremely interested in hiring me to be a Pre- school teacher. Not my first choice, but a choice nonetheless.
The downside being is that it's really low paying.
OK, make that extremely low paying.
It's about 1/4 of what I'm making now.
It's a little bit disheartening to say the least. However, I do know that the right place and the right position will open itself up to me. I just have to believe and trust that it will happen.
Today, I sent out my resumes to 2 other schools. 1 in Simi Valley, and another in Westlake Village.
Because of how well my interview went today, I am so much more confident in my skills and abilities. The principal told me that I have so much more experience than what I have on paper, and that I'm qualified... because in his own words "you gotta start somewhere right?"
So, yes, I am well on my way to teaching in school this coming school year.
Yes, guys, I am a teacher :)

Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm so sure you're gonna find something! You are obviously super talented and people see that about you when they meet you! I know the $$ is rough but I've gone up a lot in just 3 years salary wise. It'll take a few years time but then the money will be OK. Not what you make now but defintely do-able.

Hugs!

~Megs