Tuesday, April 8, 2008

today's proud moment

While training with Coach Frank during lunch, a few other trainers were there training a few pro/ amateur boxers. I was late, with one hand unwrapped. I admit, I must have looked like a joke. Joyce was already there, going at it on the mitts. I come in, apologize for being late. Coach Frank calls me into the ring, wraps my right hand quickly, tells me to stretch, and we go at it on the mitts.

Jab, jab.
Repeat.

Jab, Jab, one, two.
Repeat.

Right, left hook.
Repeat.

One, two, three, four.
Repeat.

Right, left hook.
Repeat.

He sees it in my face. Tells me to take it easy. I was frustrated cause I couldn't get my left hook right. Tells me it's alright. Tells me we'll work at it. I guess that's one of my problems. I'm too hard on myself. However, I'm a perfectionist so I keep at it. I hear the pop on the mitt. I get it right, once in a while. Solid hook. Definitely something to work on.

After a few rounds on the mitts, we move to the bags.

Jab, jab, one, two.
Feet shuffle.
Repeat.

We go at this a few rounds with a only a :30 rest bell.

Jab, jab.
Feet shuffle.
Jab, jab, one, two.
Repeat.

I finally catch a break. Gloves off.
Get water.

As I was getting back on the mat, one of the trainers- the one training the pro and amateur boxer, shakes my hand, pats me on the back and says, "Good job! Good girl! Good!" And that made my day. Makes it all worthwhile. Yes, my left arm is sore as fuck. My right, same thing. My knuckles, slightly bruised. My ego, however, is incredibly elated.

lbs. lost: 7.5
goal to lose this week: 5

No comments: