Tuesday, April 8, 2008

why is it?

that I don't have the traveling bug, when everyone around me seems to have it?
Have I just not caught it yet? Could it be because I grew up without the luxury of vacations? Could it be because I'm a work-a-holic? Or could it be because to me, I enjoy my life the way it is- with all the luxuries and glamour it has to offer on a day to day basis? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love going out of town once in a while, seeing new things. However, I think, since I never really put much thought into traveling around the world, then I don't feel as if I'm missing out on something. Yes, the hubby and I want to travel and see the world one day. However, on our list of priorities, it's not really on the top 3. Owning our own house though, definitely number 1 priority. And yes, seeing my family in the Philippines is also important to me- at least in my top 5, but only because I feel it is important for me to connect back to who I fundamentally am and where I come from. It's a way for me to get to know myself.

Here's a few pics of my trip to the Philippines in January...

Nanay (Grandma) and Raine


My sister with relatives at the hospital


With my aunt and cousins at our cousin's baby's baptism


I'm a godmother! God help this child! HA!


my sister and our aunt


With my cousins at the hospital


One of my fave cousins (on the right) and our cousin's wife


With two of my favorite people in the Philippines (for those of you wondering, I have a few other favorite people there :)


A shocker- Super Panda with no make up! It totally melts off your face there!


Such cute kids! Amaru and Raine.


And that's not all of the Bernardino's!

No comments: