Wednesday, July 9, 2008

100 things about me (41-60)

41.) Sometimes I yearn for a simpler life- where certain things don't matter- like money, who I've connected with regarding work, where I live, etc.
42.) I eat all the time. It's like a job for me. Every other hour or so. Nothing big- snacks. healthy snacks to keep my metabolism going.
43.) At the age of 25, I am now doing the things that I've always wanted to do. It's a huge change for me since I am now putting my needs first, rather than the needs of others. I am taking cake decorating classes, ballroom and salsa dancing. On top of that, I box and work out on a daily basis. It's ME time.
44.) I find, that as I journey into self discovery, that I really do LOVE and ENJOY myself. This is such a change for me.
45.) I look forward to the mail EVERYDAY!! I see the mailman drive down the hill from my office window, and I always yell out, "mail's here!" You just never know what you're going to get. A letter, a bill, Costco coupons, anything goes. LOVE it. Next time, send me a letter through the post office. I'd love you for it :)
46.) With my love of the mail proclaimed- i LOVE postcards- from different places that people send me. If anything, I think that's what I collect. Postcards from different countries, etc.
47.) I am an avid reader. I LOVE to read. I read pretty much anything- except non- fiction. Not sure why. Bookstore gift cards are always a sure hit with me when it comes to giving me gifts. I can sit at the bookstore for hours debating on which books to buy and then I walk away with more than 1 just because I couldn't decide. I've always said that I measure my wealth in books- I'd have to say I'm pretty rich then :)
48.) I always wanted a house phone just so I could record a message on our answering machine. My husband knows this, so once when the cable guy came to our door with promises of a better deal if we signed up for a home phone, my husband did it. Simply because he knew I wanted to have a message on an answering machine. To this day, our home phone has rang less than 10 times.
49.) I hate summer. I hate the heat. I hate the way it makes me feel- lethargic and mad grumpy.
50.) I've always wanted a half birthday- which someone has yet to agree to. Perhaps Milo will one day. My half birthday actually falls on his birthday month which might be the reason he always says no.
51.) I've always wanted to be a MILF. I still do. Just to look like it, not act like it. If you don't know what it means, go figure it out. I refuse to stop caring about my appearance and how I look because of a baby. See how conflicting this is with number 41?
52.) I don't clean my own home. I LOVE it. I save so much time having someone else do it. It's a luxury that I totally indulge in. I recommend it to everyone. Her name is Maria, and she has practically raised my husband, so it's incredibly awesome that she's still in the family. Gracias Maria!
53.) Ever since I started wearing expensive, name brand jeans (you know the triple digit kind that you buy at department stores), I refuse to wear cheap ones. Not because I'm snobby- but because they fit me like a glove and are so comfortable to be in. I live in jeans.
54.) One time at a Christmas Party, I fainted. I believe it was 2 years ago at the Riviera in Calabasas. I was dressed all nice and wore high heels just to end up fainting in the end. Allergic reaction to wine. I got up to go to the bathroom cause I couldn't breathe and so my husband decided to walk me. Next thing I knew, I was on the floor. My husband didn't realize what had happened and couldn't catch me since he was in front of me. He is an EMT, and so he took care of me pretty well. He carried me outside, where he said my eyes wouldn't open and he thought that he would have to call 911. He said that it was one of the scariest times of his life. He's used to helping people with medical emergencies, but never anyone close to him so it freaked him out. It was in front of my talents and other people. I was ashamed. Then I got over it.
55.) I tend to not get embarrassed. I'm usually the first one to laugh at myself. Not to say that my face doesn't turn red or anything. However, I just don't make a big deal out of it.
56.) I ABSOLUTELY HATE the martyr types. The people with a victim mentality. Get over it. We are all responsible for our own actions and the worlds we create. No one else. Plus, you are not anyone else's responsibility. As much as it's tough to admit all this- to realize that our lives- no matter how great or how shitty is all due to us, well, we just have to do it. Acknowledge it and deal with it.
57.) I get a manicure and pedicure every other week. I like my nails cut really short so that they don't hurt when I box.
58.) I love working on the speed bag at my boxing gym.
59.) I have moved every year that I have been married. 4 times.
60.) The day of my wedding, I cried my eyes out. I remember my oldest sister sitting there in the room with me talking me through it. I wasn't taking responsibilities of my actions then, that's for sure.
61.) I'm always hesitant when it comes to change- although I've read that it always comes bearing gifts. I will be working on this- to learn and accept, rather than resist. After all, "what you resists, persists." (Eckhart Tolle)

No comments: