Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cake Decorating 1

Today, I got my certificate for Wilton Cake Decorating Course 1.
Here's some pictures of my work. Look at how I've improved :)

I'm also taking Fondant and Gum Paste, and signing up for Cake Decorating 2.

This cake was a white cake, with mango filing and buttercream icing. Mango filling and buttercream are both homemade. Cake was from a cake mix.



Later on that day, I made another cake- French Vanilla with Mango filling and buttercream icing. However, this time, the conditions were as follows: rushed- I wanted to surprise Milo and I thought I had two hours to do the cake, yet he called me and told me he'd be home in 3- just as I was starting to sit down and work on the cake. My frosting was also soft- too soft from lack of refrigeration. I got out of class and went to my mom's house. I put it in the fridge there, but ran errands on the way home, and did not refrigerate long enough when I got home. On top of all that, I could not get the color red to come out- deep red that is, nor did I make enough blue frosting to ice the cake.

So here's how that turned out... regardless, the hubby still LOVED it, so did his parents.


Today, my last day in class, I decided to make Triple Chocolate Fudge cake, with caramel fudge filling, and Chocolate buttercream (plus white buttercream for decoration). Filling and Icings are homemade- caramel fudge, was something I put together, and it tasted yummy! I learned how to make roses, shells, dots, etc. LOVED the way this cake turned out... except when it was time for the roses, the icings were soft- a little too soft. Still, it turned out gorgeous!!








I'm addicted to cake decorating :)

Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

No comments: