Friday, July 10, 2009

A Good Bye, Good Luck Letter

I need to let go of the past, and that which I cannot control. I know things will still be functioning without me. I can only hope and have faith in that.
So, here's my release as I move on to the next chapter of my life.

Dear Wendy,

As you know, I've never been a big fan of you. And up until now, I'm still not your biggest fan. This is a hurdle that I have to definitely overcome, as I begin to get ready to hand over to you what I've built and established for the past few years. Am I scared? Yes. Am I worried? Yes. I'm a mixture of emotions regarding all this. My anxiety lies in the fact that Cope Management has such great talents. Many whom I consider to be family because of the close knit bond we've developed through the years. When you were last here, we all had to pull together and deal with what you left behind. Please treat them gently. With care. They are such amazing, kind and generous people, and they deserve to be working- EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
I know you play favorites. Please try not to do that this time. Again, every single one of our talents should be working. Just like they are now with me at the wheel.

Asides from the talents, please take care of our vendors too. There's no job too small that you can't take care of. Whether it's ADR, non- union, low budget, whatever- take it. You cannot turn away work. I have made it a point to be the go to gal for a lot of producers and companies out there- mainly because I work with their budget. Please do the same. Observe the length of time it takes you to get auditions over to vendors. That's important too. It's important to get repeat business. That's how we grow- they know they can rely on us, and in turn, word spreads.

As I'm sure you can only imagine, things have definitely changed since you were last here. Please observe those changes, and if need be, let go or change the ones that don't work for you. I know that both you and I just want this business to grow. Do know that just because my heart is no longer in it, and I'm moving on, it DOES NOT (in anyway) mean that I don't care. In fact, I care more than people realize. I care that's why I'm leaving. I know that I'm no longer the person that can do the job. I know that I'm no longer the person this business requires me to be. I know all that, and it is with that knowledge that I'm leaving this business, the talents, and the vendors. We may not like each other, but we can definitely be united in our goal of having the talents at Cope Management succeed.

Yours Truly,
Super Panda

I am releasing this situation, and I am bless it wholeheartedly.

Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

No comments: