Thursday, July 16, 2009

I KNOW what's best for ME...

It is my life after all.

I have taken the high road on most of the stuff that has gone on with my MIL as of late.
And that's what I'm continuing to do. Just when I thought we were moving on, and working on repairing our broken relationship, it seems that she's still harboring a major issue. The issue being that I'm on my way out.
She seems to not be able to handle this. Just today, I found out that she doesn't support my choice. She thinks that I'm making a terrible mistake, because she has friends that hate their teaching jobs. Could it be that they're just too old, and perhaps, just maybe need to retire? I mean, clearly, if you don't enjoy what you're doing, then perhaps you should no longer be doing it.
Hence the reason I'm leaving... cause I no longer enjoy what I do. It was never my dream to work for her, granted it has given me many tremendous opportunities that I am and will forever be grateful for.

I think the reason why I'm having such a hard time with this whole thing regarding my MIL is because at one time, she was my mentor. I looked up to her tremendously. And I guess as the saying goes, "you should never put anyone on a pedestal, because sooner or later, they will fall, and you will just be disappointed." And that's exactly what's going on. I admired her, and truly believed her to be a certain way. I refused to see her faults, and look where we are now. I am so bothered that she thinks I'm making a mistake by leaving. My reasons for leaving may not be the right or the best reasons for her, but the reality of it is, they are the BEST and the RIGHT reasons for me (and the hubby). In the end, that's all that truly matters.

So, really... I know that she might be disappointed because my choices strongly differ from hers. This is MY life. It feels so free and empowering to be making decisions for me, for once in my life. The choices I've made in the past were always made to make someone else happy. That's done now.

I'mma do me. And it's a great feeling.
So, to the naysayers, watch me... I'm making the right choices and changes are on their way. I'm one day closer, everyday.

Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

No comments: