Thursday, May 28, 2009

Coming Out Fighting

Today, I spoke with a principal at a school I'm highly interested in teaching at. He seemed interested enough in me- the only downside being that I'm not enrolled in a credential program yet. This is not due to a lack of commitment on my part, but mainly because I'm $20 g's short of the amount of $$ I need to go back to school.
Anyhow, this principal was really cool- even giving me ideas about where to go to school, and told me numerous times to give him a call should my situation change.

So after work I came home. Threw myself another pity party and cried, you know, the usual.
But after the tears stopped, I decided to get off the couch, hop in the shower and try to figure out a way around my situation.

And this is when it dawned on me. A light bulb came on inside my head.

Why not try to see if this principal would set an interview up with me, and should he choose to hire me, I can guarantee that I will be enrolled in a credential program before the school year starts.

So, that's it. It's been decided. I will fight for my job. I am going to ask this guy to take a leap of faith with me, and in turn, I will guarantee that I will be enrolled in school before the school year even begins.

Yes, I know this is risky. Stupid even. However, at this point, I have nothing to lose. I don't have that teaching job, or any teaching job for that matter. I do have everything to gain. I am simply selling myself- offering a proposal that would behoove us both. And quite frankly, I'm tired of feeling sorry for myself and selling my short. I am going to lay it all on the line, since he's been openly communicating with me.

I'm going to get me a job.
Please pray for SUCCESS!

Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

No comments: