Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Slightly Looking Up!

Today, I woke up feeling slightly, refreshed.
Yesterday, was horrible, and today definitely is a much brighter day.

I spoke to the zoo lady last night, and she definitely helped me out. Restored my spirits, I would say. She used to be a teacher and she gave me great info. She told me how she got her start, and I'm applying to the same placement company. Even though it's just for substitute teaching, it will at least get my foot in the door, and give me the experience I need. She also told me that because of the economy, I am competing with a lot of experienced teachers, which of course puts me at a disadvantage. However, she also told me to persevere and that it will be worth it.
She told me that I will land somewhere.

Oddly enough, I've been hearing this from people throughout this pity party of mine, but it wasn't until she said that something clicked.
I hope that the joy and excitement lasts for a while.
It's so not fun feeling sorry for yourself.

Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

1 comment:

Bubut said...

i know that you'll get a teaching post. you always work on what you want and you get it. you're really lucky like that.