Thursday, May 28, 2009

Blah.

That about sums up how I feel today.
I couldn't sleep last night because I felt a sore throat coming.
I got up at 4, and the sore throat was in full force. I'm definitely not enjoying this.

I sent more resumes out today. I am hoping that someone will see me for the gem that I am, and just give me a shot. That's all I need. One shot. At a teaching position.
I also followed up on one of my leads, but had to leave a message. Hopefully he calls me back. Otherwise, I'll call again on Monday.

Thanks to The Teacher for the encouragement last night.
I started feeling pretty down about not having been called back for a teaching position yet, but she made me feel better about my situation. I know that the right job is waiting for me, and that the jobs I'm not being considered for are meant for someone else. I just hope that the position for me comes along fairly soon. I really just don't want to get anymore discouraged and then just lose hope. If that happens, it means that I'll be too complacent once again, and I might never leave this job. One of my biggest fears would be failure. Another, unhappiness. I'm afraid that I might be headed towards both should I not find something soon.
Staying here is definitely not an option, but I'm afraid I might have to if nothing else comes up. Again, leading me back to failaure and unhappiness.

On the bright side of things, it's about 2 1/2 weeks until the Hubby's graduation from LA City's Academy. We've waited for years for this!
And it's bittersweet for me. Bitter because I wish I was celebrating my own happiness regarding a new job, Sweet because I get to share in his. A bit selfish of me? Perhaps. However, I do reserve the right to be happy as an individual as well.

Tonight, the baking begins at my house. It's The Teacher's birthday on Monday, but she's having a celebration this Saturday. I have been asked to make a cake. I've always enojyed baking and decorating since it offers me peace and solace. However, it's been a while since I've baked, so I hope it still offers the same promise.

Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

No comments: