Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's Not You, It's Me...

and really, that's what it comes down to... even though the job hasn't been offered to me.

So the interview...

I think it went well. However, after the job description was fully outlined, I've decided that I don't want the job, should they offer it to me. There is no room for growth. I was told by the principal that usually, people who have been teachers are the ones that apply for the director of advancement/ admissions, so in a way, I'd be going backwards. The job description online also said, some nights and weekends- but after talking to them, it seemed mostly nights and weekends, plus a lot of driving to different schools to promote the school. At the end, we were laughing and brainstorming ideas regarding a new school video, what else can be done to promote the school. The Vice Principal even walked me to the front door!

As great as that sounds, I'm really interested in a teaching position. Now I just need someone to give me that chance.

I'm grateful for the interview.
Glad I got a chance to get a feel for it and see what it's like.

Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

No comments: