Tuesday, April 21, 2009

No Matter How You Slice It

I always end up being the bad person.

Today was a fun day. It was supposed to be exciting. Today was the hubby's surprise birthday.

I tell the MIL to come early. The earlier the better.
She then tells me it depends on when I get out of work.
As a joke, and believe me when I say that I said this in a jovial tone, I said "Otherwise you're not allowed. She says it's my son's birthday. I can come."
Then she pulls a Linda Blair from the Exorcist, turns her head around and says "You stop being mean to me."
I then defended myself and said "I'm not. I was just teasing. You tease me all the time." (and she does. she says mean things)
Then I followed her and said, "I'm really sorry to offend you. I didn't mean to."
She follows that up with "You stay away from me, or I'll blow up at you."

Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

No comments: