Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Today's Thoughts

I emailed this to my dear friend, E.
Somehow it seemed fitting to be on my blog as well.

So, the plan as of late has really been to get out of the biz.

I am heavily leaning towards a teaching career (elementary or junior high). The paper chase is really something that I no longer enjoy, and I def think my focus has changed to of course starting a family and doing what would be best for my future family career wise.

The days of working longer than 8 hours, more than 40 hours a week, and often times giving up my evenings are really no longer appealing to me.

I think that perhaps her saying that I've been stagnant is a sign. Something that I didn't see before. I do know that I've changed a lot since my dad died, and I think this career that I have now is just one of the casualties of change. I don't know.

I'm scared. I'm excited. I'm a mixture of emotions.

My starting point off is really that now I know what I don't want to do.

I still believe that all this has been a blessing. I specificlaly remember driving into work last Tuesday saying out loud "I believe the world is plotting to do me good today. I can't wait to see what it is." And that's when things spiraled out of control.

So right now, as fearful as I am, I am enjoying the ride...

HA! At least until I feel self pity again, which rears its ugly head once every few minutes/ hours. I think really my issue is just to learn how to separate myself from my job at the moment, since it has defined me for so long.

Life is GRAND!
Super Panda

No comments: